We work hard to remain skilled – not just at financial matters but also at leadership, innovation and building healthy relationships. We believe to succeed in life and business we must be lifelong learners. While there’s something to be learned from every person you meet and every conversation, these podcasts, blogs and books in particular have our team dreaming big.
Leadership & Business
- The Knowledge Project podcast features interviews with successful people in various realms to understand how they got where they are and what they do to stay on their game.
- Farnam Street produces a blog and newsletter that dig into improving decision making skills, leadership and a better understanding of the world we live in.
- Jim Carroll’s blog explores trends and technology and how to adapt to fit future demands.
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business outlines the Entrepreneurial Operating System – a method for how you align a company around a single vision and use practical implementation tools to achieve it.
Health, Happiness and Productivity
- Focus 3 podcast touches on culture, discipline and improving your thought process to achieve personal and professional growth.
- Brené Brown’s blog discusses courage, vulnerability and empathy –topics about which she’s also written several books.
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin is a podcast that helps you identify and work with inherent aspects of your personality to be more productive, effective and happier.
- The Brower Quadrant has been foundational to our approach as a firm. This book looks at the balance between four key areas of assets – your core, experiences, contributions and finances.
- Abnormal Returns produces a blog and newsletter that focus specifically on investments and aggregate other online resources for related topics.
- Nerd’s Eye View offers solid financial planning insights on regulations, trends and other practice management concepts.